Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Year of Success: Part Deux

If you know me, you know that I don't make resolutions, I make a new years theme. It's an overarching idea to live by to keep me going throughout the year, rather than something small that I know will only hold steadfast for maybe a month or two. For example, instead of making a resolution such as "in 2013, I will lose 5 pounds" my theme is "2013: The Year of Success." In fact, that was my theme last year. I wanted 2012 to be the year of success. I wanted it to be the year I became what I had been putting out into the universe for so long. I wanted to achieve all of my wildest dreams and put the drive I had been sitting on for so long into action. But now when I look back when hindsight is 20/20, I realize I needed to get rid of all of the stuff that was holding me back to truly make my life successful in a way that I felt good about. I wasn't ready to be as successful in all areas of my life in the way I know I can be, because I had to clear the old to make way for the new.  So, now 2012 has become the "Year of Closure" and 2013 has turned into "The Year of Success: Part Deux."

Remember how the world was supposed to end according to the Mayans this December? Of course you do! I really think a part of it did end for a lot of people. I know it did for me. I have been in this 6 year cycle where I have been learning, I've been humbled, and I've grown. I believe that 2012 was the end of the shoveling crap phase of my life, and now it's time for me to bloom. It's time for success. And it's time for joy!  I have a feeling that the Mayans knew what they were going for when the calendar ended and it didn't involve meteorite showers or giant locusts taking us away--they saw it as a time of the death of the current collective subconscious and a time for rebirth in 2013. Or they were just tired and 2012 seemed as good a time as any to shut calendar counting down. Either way, I'm feeling refreshed and renewed this year, coincidence or not.

As far as my fitness goes, I just started doing the INSANITY workout plan and I cut out alcohol for the entire month of January.  I'm already feeling a little slimmer and a more fit with each day that passes. Even if it's just mental, that's all I need for now! In the non-fitness parts of my life, I have decided to really push the acting part of my career and give it one more go to commit to making my dreams come true. My 2011 theme, "Year Without Fear" is still kicking in the background and I'm making strides where I haven't before. I challenge you to do the same. If you can't think of a theme of your own, take mine and make 2013 the most successful one yet. Try a new workout program; cut crap from your diet that you know isn't doing you any favors; add more nutritious foods into your diet to help your body work better; and as cheesy as it sounds, believe in yourself to make the changes you haven't made due to fear, insecurity, or whatever else, so that you can be a better you. But most of all, BE WELL!




2 comments:

  1. I need a themed year now because I love this blog lol. I also stole one of your sayings and read it everyday "Compare leads to despair." Keep it up Nat and good luck with your acting endeavors :-)

    ReplyDelete