Friday, February 8, 2013

Don't Let the Weather Get in Your Way!

Today I'm sitting in my apartment due to what, at this point, seems like nothing. There is talk of "Noreaster Nemo" heading our way, but all I see when I look out my window is a bit of rain. All of my clients canceled their sessions today because of kids at home due to school closures, early drives out of town to make, or forgotten gym clothes due to over preparation for what is forecasted to be a crazy weather day. Today is actually my day off from working out from the 6 days I put in on the Insanity program I'm currently doing, so trying to get a workout in for me on day like today isn't presenting an issue, but for many, workouts today will go to the wayside when the weather is this bad (they already have for my 5 clients scheduled for today). But hey there! They don't have to! The great thing about working out is that you don't need a gym or fancy equipment to get you in shape. Even a program like Insanity that touts being "the hardest fitness program ever put on DVD" doesn't use any equipment at all. I just throw my DVD in the player, clear away my coffee table and I'm ready to go. I've created a program that you can do at home with just your body weight that you can find here (it reads "outdoor workout" but you'll read that it can be done indoors as well). Or if you want to check out my Next Fitness Star submission that offers a different version of this workout, head to this amazing video. This workout can be done with no equipment at all and in 30 minutes if you have a small window of time between say, a child's nap time or conference calls. You can also check out my list of my favorite fitness DVD's to pop in for a great in-home workout here.
Don't you dare make excuses when the weather is bad and you can't get to the gym or out on the jogging trail! All you need is you when it comes to fitness. Rock it out with your workout and BE WELL!

No comments:

Post a Comment