Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Tip #12

Holiday Tip day 12.

FITNESS TIP:

On Monday, I was walking to the subway to train some clients when I stepped off the curb directly into a pothole. It was dark outside and I was careless. As soon as I fell, I heard my ankle snap a little and pain flooded my leg. Also, I was sprawled across the street like a mess which was really attractive and not embarrassing at all. Not at all. I got up quickly because I realized that people were looking at me lying on the road like a crazy person, but as soon as I put weight on my foot, the pain throbbed even more and I really knew that this was an injury that wouldn't be good. Luckily, as soon as I got to the gym where I train, I iced it and took ibuprofen to reduce swelling. I think taking action early helped my cause because now, two days later, I can walk on it ok and it's not so bad. I can even workout as long as I don't put too much pressure on it.
Nevertheless, since the little set-back, my motivation to exercise has been zilch. It's
only been a couple days, so maybe that sounds silly, but I'm usually pretty raring to go after I've taken a day off. Today, I had no desire to do anything. But I did it anyway because I knew if I didn't, I would feel run down and guilty about it tomorrow.
So, after that big story, my fitness tip for today is get to the gym or do something at home, even if you don't want to. 9 times out of 10, you'll feel much better afterward. Your endorphins will be pumping and you'll have more energy to take on your day. If you're having one of those days where exercise doesn't seem like an option, just tell yourself you'll start with 10 minutes. If that's all you have in you, fine, at least you reached your goal. Usually you'll have a lot more, though, and you'll be glad you got going.


HEALTHY INDULGENCE

If you've never tried No Pudge! Fat Free Brownies, you better jump on the bandwagon. These brownies are insanely easy to make (all you do is add a carton of yogurt) and they're delicious. They come in 4 flavor
s: Original, Cappuccino, Raspberry, and Mint. For a holiday treat for yourself or to bring to a party, use the mint flavor and add crushed candy canes to the mix. Follow the cooking directions on the box. Enjoy and Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment