Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Tip #6


Day 6 of Holiday Tips. Ow!

FITNESS TIP:

Try a peripheral heart action workout. This type of program is performed by alternating upper body and lower body exercises throughout the workout. It's great for someone like you who's crunched for time during the holidays, because you can hit every muscle group in one fell swoop. Here's an example of a workout to follow:

1) Bench press with dumbbells
2) Squats while holding 2 dumbbells in each hand (you can perform this with a stability ball behind your back for support or without)
3) Standing Cable Rows
4) Reverse lunges while holding 2 dumbbells in each hand
5) Standing alternating-arm dumbbell shoulder press
6) Squat jumps

Perform these exercises in a circuit and repeat 2-3 times. Do 12-20 reps per exercise.

HOLIDAY INDULGENCE:

I just read that Starbucks is coming out with a Skinny Peppermint Mocha that will be 100 calories and delicious. I wish it was available to try now so I could let you know how it is, but for now, I'll suggest my new favorite peppermint drink that I concocted today. I ordered a tall soy peppermint latte and it was Christmas deliciousness in a cup. Seriously, it was delightful holiday goodness. I was with a client of mine and I had her try it and let me know what she thought. She definitely dug it as well. I suggest you try it for a holiday treat. Go now. Now!

Be Well!



No comments:

Post a Comment