Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Tip #9

Day 9 of Holiday Tips.

FITNESS TIP:

When I'm really crunched for time, I can't get to the gym, and I don't want to think about my workout, I like to exercise at home
with a DVD. This is usually when I need a good heart pumping cardio workout that I can do in a smaller amount of time. These days, I'm really digging Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I think it's worth while because she knows how to keep your heart rate up, she uses the peripheral heart action technique that I talked about in one of my previous blog posts, and the workout doesn't get boring or repetitive. She uses a lot of the same kinds of plyometric exercises that I use with my clients as well. I feel confident that she knows what she's doing. The workout leaves me sweaty, feeling strong, and as she says during the cool-down, "very zen." Order it on Amazon for $9.99.

HEALTHY INDULGENCE:

It's Friday! Horray! If you're like me, you're probably looking forward to having a cocktail or two. Let me suggest
this find from weightwatchers.com:

The Prosecco Raspberry Cocktail.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup fruit juice, raspberry flavor
  • 1 3/4 cup(s) prosecco
  • 1/2 cup raspberries
Instructions

  • In a bowl, mix prosecco with raspberry juice
  • Divide among 4 champagne glasses
  • Drop 3 raspberries into each glass
  • ENJOY!

Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment