Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday tip #14

Holiday Tip day 14

Sorry for the tardiness of this post. My internet has been down all day. Oof. I'm also one busy gal as I'm trying to fit all of my clients in before I leave for my sweet home Chicago on Thursday for Christmas. Anyhoo! Let's move on to some tips.

FITNESS TIP:

What you eat is important if you want to build muscle. Muscle is made up of protein, so eating protein before and after a workout will only help you to build and repair the muscle you're breaking down. A recent article I read from Men's Health magazine reported that the best time to eat protein for muscle promotion is 30 minutes before a workout and 30 minutes after a workout. To learn more about what kinds of protein to eat and when, check out one of my previous posts about protein supplements. If you hate taking supplements, read this article from Men's Health for snacks you can eat before and after you work up a sweat to see better results after your workout.



HEALTHY INDULGENCE

Do you love candied sweet potatoes? I definitely do. Here's a healthy version I found from Men's Health (quite the Men's Health day, right? This was actually a coincidence, not a plan on my part).

INGREDIENTS

Directions

1.
In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes and onions. Add 1" of water to the pan. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, returning the vegetables to the pan.
2.
Add the apples, raisins, orange juice, brown sugar, margarine or butter and orange rind. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the liquid reduces slightly and glazes the potatoes and apples.
Click here to find out more!

Nutritional Facts per serving

CALORIES 129.4 CAL
FAT 3 G
SATURATED FAT 0.5 G
CHOLESTEROL 0 MG
SODIUM 79.8 MG
CARBOHYDRATES 25.3 G
TOTAL SUGARS 11.2 G
DIETARY FIBER 2.9 G
PROTEIN 1.5 G

No comments:

Post a Comment